Off to Trieste tomorrow for the apparently huge machine expo. I'll be working on the Espresso Warehouse Stand which I think is sharing with Elektra and Mahlkoning. I'm really looking forward to it for a number of reasons.
- I get to play on an Elektra which I've never done before
- I get to meet another hundred coffee people who I'm sure will all be lovely.
- I get to meet up with old friends.
- I get to go to Trieste and hopefully visit the Illy Concept bar.
- Hoping to taste some really frsh Illy.
- I'll hopefully get to fool around with the latest goodies Espresso Warehouse are offering.
- I get to eat these, which are really very good.
- Still not decided on whether I like aeropress
- I feel standards are higher than ever in the cafe at the moment, however we can always get better. Trying to get grinder cleaning a bit more of a routine. It was always just Deaton and I who did it but I've been trying recently to expose all the baristas to more than just bar skills. I feel a broader coffee knowledge can only help create better pride in their work.
- Bought a new Mac book, and have been importing all of my Vancouver photos. Miss that stupid city. The mac book is simply wonderful. Its black too, which makes me better than you.